Question SSD raid cyclic redundancy check error. Please help!!

Feb 20, 2019
I have two physical 1tb SSDs that are connected via raid and are put together as one drive on my computer. I have a m2 drive that holds my os but I’m not sure if some os files are on my ssds.

All files that are connected to the raid drive are unaccessable. (Cyclic redundancy check). Windows will not let me repair the drive or check to see if there are errors in the drive and I haven’t been able to to download any software that would check my drive because I have some sort of virus scan failure. I’m not sure if there are bad sectors or blocks in on of the drives but if so will I be able to recover any of my data? Can I unpair the two drives and maybe the one with the bad blocks will be more isolated? Or will I lose all my data? And will any software even be able to check my raid drive?

Thanks

Last edited:
Feb 20, 2019
With raid 0, where the backup?
I don’t have any back up. This has happened a few times before but usually I just restart and it fixes itself. But this happened last night and I thought I’d wait it out til the morning. But when I woke it was still giving me the error. So now it is letting me access the applications and files in the drive. I’m not sure why. Sadly all the dada on the drive is nearing 1.3 tb and I don’t have a big enough external back up drive to support that.