Question SSD RAID from prior build does not show up in disk manager

Aug 3, 2019
I have 2 SSD that were setup using Windows RAID tool in a prior build. The disks nor the RAID show up in Disk Manager in new build, however both disks show up in the Device Manager utility and show they are working fine.

To further complicate - this is one of 2 separate RAID's I used in the prior build. The other one (also 2 SSD drives) shows up and works fine.

So far have confirmed all SATA cables and power cables, restarted multiple times.
Both RAID arrays show up in storage spaces utility - but the first one says "not formatted." I am afraid to format and lose the data.

Last edited:

popatim

Titan
If you put them back into the old system, even if you have to set it up on a table, do those raid drives work then?

What are the specs of the old system and the new one?
How exactly were the raids created? Bios, Windows storage spaces (can be used in Disk Management), Intel RST, AMD utility RaidXpert...?

Aug 3, 2019
If you put them back into the old system, even if you have to set it up on a table, do those raid drives work then?

What are the specs of the old system and the new one?
How exactly were the raids created? Bios, Windows storage spaces (can be used in Disk Management), Intel RST, AMD utility RaidXpert...?

That is pretty much where I am, put them in the old build.

The prior build is an i5 in a MSI B250 board. Both systems run win 10. Drives are mushkin reactors, 1tb. RAID created with Windows Storage Spaces.