[SOLVED] SSD reaches to 160MB Disk usage when installing a program

danny009

Reputable
Apr 11, 2019
Is this normal? Its also causing a overheat, temp instantly reaches to 40c-ish for some seconds, this happens basically when I do anything on my computer since Windows 10 installed on this SSD. Its a HyperX 480GB and SMART says (HWinfo) "Drive remaining life: %100" we just purchased this and its brand new, its a modern PC case with tons of cooling fans in it. NOTE: My other computer have Samsung SSD with Windows 10 on it and NEVER ever reached to 160MB disk usage on task Manager. Can anyone help?

Last edited:

atljsf

Honorable
BANNED
overheat on a ssd comes after 70°c

the ssd should copy and read files over 400 megabytes per second, that one around 500megabytes per second

run crystaldiskmark, run a benchmark, see results if they come close to the values i mentioned

about remaining life, that number will go down the more gbs you write to the ssd, be worry only after you wrote aroun 40 terabytes, that is fill that ssd, delete and fill it again around 90 times, and that is not close to the entire life of that ssd

don't worry and enjoy the speed of the new ssd drive

danny009

Reputable
Apr 11, 2019
Nope, spoke too soon, but from your replies I learned something new about SSDs so thank you for that, I downloaded Kingston SSD manager and health is OK and temp is orange color 37c/98f, thank you both for quick answers

Is there any virus-free HDD manager? I was using Speccy and Defraggler in past however after the CCleaner got breached some time ago I no longer use it due to regular security concerns, they are same company. I learned about CrystalDiskInfo but it seems developer is located at China and redirects me into a JP website to download, is it safe to use? Thanks again,

Nope, spoke too soon, but from your replies I learned something new about SSDs so thank you for that, I downloaded Kingston SSD manager and health is OK and temp is orange color 37c/98f, thank you both for quick answers

Is there any virus-free HDD manager? I was using Speccy and Defraggler in past however after the CCleaner got breached some time ago I no longer use it due to regular security concerns, they are same company. I learned about CrystalDiskInfo but it seems developer is located at China and redirects me into a JP website to download, is it safe to use? Thanks again,

Just use the computer and do regular backups like you should be. Wasting time on checking your drive all the time is wasting time. When it goes bad, replace it. While it's working use it. Unless the computer is acting odd no need to keep looking at it. I don't think I have ever run any utility to keep monitoring my system non-stop unless I actually had issues, especially CCleaner. And this goes back to the 80s when I first starting using computers. They all worked fine because I did not panic when a number said 1.56 when it should have said 1.50 due to some software telling me LOL

TRENDING THREADS