[SOLVED] SSD reading at almost 9,000Mbps and writing at 8,000 .. ???????

MrSix18

Prominent
Mar 8, 2019
so im completely lost, my girlfriends younger cousin was fooling around with my gaming PC obviously (he wont admit it but im not an idiot...i think??) and have had a laundry list of issues since he snuck in and went ballistic with settings for no good reason...

at the top of the list.. My m.2 SSD seems to be reading at 9,000mbps and writing at 8,000 Mbps when testing userbenchmark.. i know its something stupid causing this as the drive is obviously fine (or was before he decided to give me problems) and im thinking its some sort of caching feature that i cannot seem to turn off?

its a simple Samsung 860 Evo M.2 drive.. heres the speeds (validated them with crystaldisk)

Read 9,297
Write 8,055
Mixed 8,433

1,917% 8,595 MB/s
-------------------------------------------------

4K Read 672
4K Write 242
4K Mixed 335

1,576% 417 MB/s
-------------------------------------------------

DQ Read 2,156
DQ Write 1,095
DQ Mixed 1,319

1,061% 1,523 MB/s

Thanks in advance as im completely clueless as to how to fix this......or should i even be complaining????

is it something in samsung magician doing it?? or windows settings or smartcache?? idk.

thank you all!

Solution
Yup, RAPID Mode.
That number is reading your RAM, not the drive.

I tried that RAPID for a while. Saw no real user facing benefit. So I turned it off.

MrSix18

Prominent
Mar 8, 2019
Update... i thinkkkkkkkk i found the culprit.. would samsung magicians "rapid mode" cause this?? from the past i think it can only be activated on ONE ssd at a time.. and it is currently active one my drive with the insane read/write speeds. i just dont want to disable it without knowing for sure because its my C/boot drive. thanks again in advance