Question SSD reading higher temperature???

Apr 7, 2019
Hello everyone,
I recently bought a ADATA SU650 ssd, installed in the hdd slot and moved hdd to optical bay. The thing is it gets warm even in idle and without removing the back cover of the laptop plus cooler nonstop working i cant keep it under 50C and all over the forums peoples are complaining exactly about that.
The interesting part is from a fresh start the hdd temp is reading about 25-26C (temperature room) and the ssd 37C. (HD Santinel)
My question is, is it possible for the ssd to get 10-12C warmer than the hdd from instant power up without being under any load, just from 10sec of idling or the temp sensor is reading higher than it actually is?
Right at this moment: hdd-28C sdd-40C

Apr 7, 2019
I know they work well untill 60-70C but i wondering if the ssd sensor is reading higher values. Turning on the laptop in the morning after 7- 8h being shut down completly, shouldnt make the same temp on both ssd and hdd? 26C on the hdd seems decent that being the room temperature, but why the ssd shows 10-12C more than the hdd?

I know they work well untill 60-70C but i wondering if the ssd sensor is reading higher values. Turning on the laptop in the morning after 7- 8h being shut down completly, shouldnt make the same temp on both ssd and hdd? 26C on the hdd seems decent that being the room temperature, but why the ssd shows 10-12C more than the hdd?

As I said, it's how electronics works.
You have to remember your SSD is running 100% while you are doing things, your HDD won't be unless you access it.
If you run Hard Disk software that will stress your HDD, you will see it go very very high.

Apr 7, 2019
As I said, it's how electronics works.
You have to remember your SSD is running 100% while you are doing things, your HDD won't be unless you access it.
If you run Hard Disk software that will stress your HDD, you will see it go very very high.

I know is kinda late but i want to make clear that i solved the problem. I checked the temperature on a fresh start with an infra red thermal sensor and the temperature was 16C LESS than the temperature what is shown by the program. i did calibrate the temp offset in HD Santinel and now its showing accurate so as a conclusion, im sorry Electro90 badged as a Dignified but it is not "how electronics works" was just a bad reading by the program.

Some SSDs (eg Samsung) have discrete temperature sensing ICs which sense the air temperature, whereas other SSDs sense the temperature of the flash controller's die.

I suspect that the ADATA SU650 is one of the latter. That's where I would be aiming your IR thermal sensor.