[SOLVED] SSD recognised for ejection like a USB stick

nevica

Distinguished
May 27, 2011
Hello,

I have just built a new PC using Gigabyte x570 MOBO and AMD Ryzen 5600x CPU. I have added an SSD via SATA connector.

The thing is, this SSD seems to recognised as Media. In the bottom right It says that I can eject the mass storage and list the device as "SSD 850 EVO 500GB" which it is. I have used this actual SSD in a different build and this has never happened. It seems to be recognised like a USB stich which can be ejected after using it.

How can I fix this please?

Solution
Hello,

I have just built a new PC using Gigabyte x570 MOBO and AMD Ryzen 5600x CPU. I have added an SSD via SATA connector.

The thing is, this SSD seems to recognised as Media. In the bottom right It says that I can eject the mass storage and list the device as "SSD 850 EVO 500GB" which it is. I have used this actual SSD in a different build and this has never happened. It seems to be recognised like a USB stich which can be ejected after using it.

I would update chipset and storage controller drivers for the motherboard.

Also if applicable update the SSD firmware.

I've seen installing Intel Rapid Storage Technology helps with this too as it contains drivers that fix this.

No other problem with...

Satan-IR

Splendid
Ambassador
Hello,

I would update chipset and storage controller drivers for the motherboard.

Also if applicable update the SSD firmware.

I've seen installing Intel Rapid Storage Technology helps with this too as it contains drivers that fix this.

No other problem with the system?

Solution
Hello,

I have used Samsung Magician to make sure I have the latest drivers for the SDD.
Also I have installed the AMD chipset drivers from here:

https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/X570-AORUS-ELITE-rev-10/support#support-dl-driver-chipset

After doing both of those I find the message still remains for the SSD to safely remove the hardwire (like a USB stick).

Don't know how to fix this.
You need to go into BIOS to disable Hotplug. If I am not mistaken it's this:
IO Ports -> Sata -> Sata Hotplug > disable