Question SSD recognized in BIOS but it doesn’t appear in Device Manager nor Disk management…

Aug 29, 2021
Hello… I have a Crucial MX500 2.5 SSD and I wanted to install it as a second storage. It’s 1tb. I know that my motherboard is compatible with it, I tried every sata port, it appears without any trouble in BIOS in any sata port. When I want to initialize it it doesn’t appear in Device manager nor in Disk management.
What is the problem? The OS is on a NVme Kingston 500gb. The only thing that appears in device manager under disk drives is that kingston. The RAID controller appears under “other device” with a yellow icon. Is that the problem? Or what?

Aug 29, 2021
Hello… I have a Crucial MX500 2.5 SSD and I wanted to install it as a second storage. It’s 1tb. I know that my motherboard is compatible with it, I tried every sata port, it appears without any trouble in BIOS in any sata port. When I want to initialize it it doesn’t appear in Device manager nor in Disk management.
What is the problem? The OS is on a NVme Kingston 500gb. The only thing that appears in device manager under disk drives is that kingston. The RAID controller appears under “other device” with a yellow icon. Is that the problem? Or what?
I have a GIGABYTE B560M DS3H with an Intel Core i5-10600kf 4.1. Everything works just right in the computer, I just wanted to attach another storage but I can’t.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS