[SOLVED] Looking for SSD Recommendations

Hi all,

I'm looking for a secondary SSD to install my games in. Don't need anything fancy, certainly won't be needing anything with a DRAM cache as I won't be storing anything important in it. It's purely to run games for some faster loading times.

Here are some 1TB options I'm interested in:
Patriot P210
Team CX2
Team GX2

Also found some brands I didn't recognize (Varro, Samgporse, V-Gen, Midasforce, RX7, Genuine, Pioneer, Lexar, AFOX), but I think I'll stay away from these...

I know these are low-end SSD's but I just wanted a second opinion to confirm that these aren't complete garbage either.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Solution
Hi all,

I'm looking for a secondary SSD to install my games in. Don't need anything fancy, certainly won't be needing anything with a DRAM cache as I won't be storing anything important in it. It's purely to run games for some faster loading times.

Patriot P210
Team CX2
Team GX2

Also found some brands I didn't recognize (Varro, Samgporse, V-Gen, Midasforce, RX7, Genuine, Pioneer, Lexar, AFOX), but I think I'll stay away from these...

I know these are low-end SSD's but I just wanted a second opinion to confirm that these aren't complete garbage either.

Thanks in advance.
Hello there!!
when considering a sata ssd(actually any) my recommendation is to get a ssd with dram you get 1TB...
Hi all,

Patriot P210
Team CX2
Team GX2

Thanks in advance.
Hello there!!
when considering a sata ssd(actually any) my recommendation is to get a ssd with dram you get 1TB GX2 for $75 but at $95 you get MX500 so imo get the MX500 and nowadays the price between dram and dram -less ssd is small i see no reason to opt a dramless ssd.

Solution
Hello there!!
when considering a sata ssd(actually any) my recommendation is to get a ssd with dram you get 1TB GX2 for $75 but at $95 you get MX500 so imo get the MX500 and nowadays the price between dram and dram -less ssd is small i see no reason to opt a dramless ssd.

Yeah, I should have mentioned my region first, but after checking it's ~86$ for the sub-brands, ~98$ for the GX2, and ~113$ for the MX500 so only a 15$ premium for me.

I didn't know that the prices have dropped so much! I didn't even think of looking it up - thanks for recommending that! I think I will definitely get the MX500!

FYI - Do you know if anyone's made a list out there of all the known DRAM SSD's?

Yeah, I should have mentioned my region first, but after checking it's ~86$ for the sub-brands, ~98$ for the GX2, and ~113$ for the MX500 so only a 15$ premium for me.

I didn't know that the prices have dropped so much! I didn't even think of looking it up - thanks for recommending that! I think I will definitely get the MX500!

FYI - Do you know if anyone's made a list out there of all the known DRAM SSD's?
Ik few well known dramm ssd's
Samsung Evo 860
WD blue
Adata SU800
https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/best-ssds,3891.html

Reactions: julienruc
Yeah likewise, I've found that list previously as well. Still very helpful.

Just to give you a small update: So it turns out the offers I found online for the MX500 were imported drives from Mexico with a 1-year store warranty. If I wanted to get an official 3-year warranty for either the MX500 or a 2.5" WD Blue it would be ~124$ which is beginning to be a stretch. I will think that over.

Appreciate all your help - cheers.

Reactions: General Kenobi
Yeah likewise, I've found that list previously as well. Still very helpful.

Just to give you a small update: So it turns out the offers I found online for the MX500 were imported drives from Mexico with a 1-year store warranty. If I wanted to get an official 3-year warranty for either the MX500 or a 2.5" WD Blue it would be ~124$ which is beginning to be a stretch. I will think that over.

Appreciate all your help - cheers.
Goto Crucial's website and see the verified online and offline stores in your country.

D

Deleted member 14196

Why not just replace your hard drive with a 2 TB sata 3 SSD. That way you don’t have to sacrifice any performance on the GPU. Games will run just fine on it

Why not just replace your hard drive with a 2 TB sata 3 SSD. That way you don’t have to sacrifice any performance on the GPU. Games will run just fine on it

Oh I'm so sorry, I just realized that I double posted on the same thread. They were meant to be two separate questions.

I would like to keep both of my HDD's as I use one to store all of my games that I now rarely play. It's starting to get full so I am now planning on buying an additional drive: which will be an SSD.

My second HDD I keep for all my photos and videos.

I would prefer to keep both the old and the new in the system.

Reactions: General Kenobi