SSD refusing to be formatted

Nov 10, 2018
Hello all
Last night when I was done gaming I turned off my PC like I always do.

Today when I booted it up again I got the following error
Checking Media presence
Media present
Start PXE over IPv4

Fine, I thought to myself. I was gonna format my SSD (system disk) anyways. So I downloaded Windows 10 and used Windows Media Creation Tool to 'burn' it onto a USB drive, that I then plugged into my PC and booted up again.

When I got to the screen where you format drives I tried formatting my SSD but to no avail. It just wouldnt let me, saying 137GB of 224GB was free.
OK, I went to the Commandprompt and entered Diskpart. Tried both the 'clean' and 'format' command on the drive, the latter taking longer than 'clean' so I thought I was home free. Turned out I wasnt. I cant for the life of me format that SSD drive. Why?

I also tried System Recovery without luck.

Im out of ideas at this point.

Nov 10, 2018
MERGED QUESTION
Question from runeolesen87 : "SSD refusing to be formatted"

Hello all
Last night when I was done gaming I turned off my PC like I always do.

Today when I booted it up again I got the following error
Checking Media presence
Media present
Start PXE over IPv4

Fine, I thought to myself. I was gonna format my SSD (system disk) anyways. So I downloaded Windows 10 and used Windows Media Creation Tool to 'burn' it onto a USB drive, that I then plugged into my PC and booted up again.

When I got to the screen where you format drives I tried formatting my SSD but to no avail. It just wouldnt let me, saying 137GB of 224GB was free.
OK, I went to the Commandprompt and entered Diskpart. Tried both the 'clean' and 'format' command on the drive, the latter taking longer than 'clean' so I thought I was home free. Turned out I wasnt. I cant for the life of me format that SSD drive. Why?

I also tried System Recovery without luck.

Im out of ideas at this point.