[SOLVED] SSD Replacement

Feb 25, 2021
On my laptop Dell Nostro 3581, it currently has a 1TB HDD and I want to change it to an SSD. The specs state that the SSD Maximum Capacity = 256GB would a 1TB SSD not work or what would happen if I was to install one, is it possible to upgrade my specs so a 1TB SSD does work?

Solution
Thanks for your reply - the SSD I was going to install is a 2.5” SATA SSD but it was thE specs that I was trying to figure out. What was throwing me was the specs from Dell is stating that the max capacity for an SSD for my system is 256GB.
The problem with "the specs" is that is simply hasn't been updated since it was written.
Drive capacities increase and the text never gets updated.

And a 1TB 2.5" SATA III SSD is seen the same as a 1TB HDD, just way faster.

USAFRet

Titan
On my laptop Dell Nostro 3581, it currently has a 1TB HDD and I want to change it to an SSD. The specs state that the SSD Maximum Capacity = 256GB would a 1TB SSD not work or what would happen if I was to install one, is it possible to upgrade my specs so a 1TB SSD does work?
What type of SSD?

2.5", SATA, NVMe??

A 1TB 2.5" SATA III SSD will be a direct replacement for you 1TB HDD.

Feb 25, 2021
Thanks for your reply - the SSD I was going to install is a 2.5” SATA SSD but it was thE specs that I was trying to figure out. What was throwing me was the specs from Dell is stating that the max capacity for an SSD for my system is 256GB.

USAFRet

Titan
The problem with "the specs" is that is simply hasn't been updated since it was written.
Drive capacities increase and the text never gets updated.

And a 1TB 2.5" SATA III SSD is seen the same as a 1TB HDD, just way faster.

Reactions: Franky S
Solution