Question SSD resets data and restores everything to yesterday state after booting

Aug 15, 2020
Hello. I'm sorry I wasn't clear enough with the title so I'll try to elaborate it.

So, I just discovered that whenever I reboot my PC, everything that are stored in my SSD will be restored to yesterday state. So, if I install or create any data in the SSD, it will disappear in the next boot. And if I move something from the SDD into my some other drive, that data will reappear in the SSD in the next boot and the other drive will still own that data.

I tried running chkdsk and it showed this error

atZPtIW.png

I can't run chkdsk -f because that requires a restart and if I do that, my PC will 'forget' that it's supposed to run it since everything related to the system is stored there, and it will just revert to yesterday state. I also tried to enter safe mode but it didn't work probably because of this too. What's actually happening to my SSD and what can I do to fix this? Thanks.

System Specs:
Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 3600
Memory: 16 GB
Video Card: GeForce GTX 1660

SSD:
Model: SDVPSA181024
Manufacturer: Visipro
Capacity: 222GB
Used: 123GB

Last edited:

Ralston18

Titan
First ensure that all important data is backed up and verified to be recoverable and readable.

Second update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS

Include drive information: make, model, capacity, how full?

Third download the applicable diagnostic software for your SSD via the manufacturer's website.

Be aware that anything you do may cause data loss at best or a drive failure at worst.

Aug 15, 2020
First ensure that all important data is backed up and verified to be recoverable and readable.

Second update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS

Include drive information: make, model, capacity, how full?

Third download the applicable diagnostic software for your SSD via the manufacturer's website.

Be aware that anything you do may cause data loss at best or a drive failure at worst.

I've updated the post to include the hardware specs. Please let me know if it's insufficient.
Unfortunately it doesn't seem like I can find the official diagnostic software.

Install and run CrystalDiskInfo (info, not mark) . Host a screenshot of the results and link us to it please.

What is the model# of the SSD, and how old is it?

I'll try running it.
I've updated the post with the SSD model. I bought it around 2 months ago.