[SOLVED] SSD SAMSUNG 860 EVO 500GB SATA 2.5" VS SSD ADATA XPG SX6000 PRO 512GB M.2 NVME

NoobTechs69

Prominent
Oct 21, 2020
Which one is better? cause the price are quite similars and some people said that Samsung is overpriced, but another said that Samsung is better than Adata. But this one is M2 Nvme vs SATA so i can't really decide need some experts help, and also I will use this SSD for mainly Design Graphics , 3D , and video editing and some competitive games like CS:GO not 4K games brand.

Solution
b460itx , rtx 2060 super i5 10400f and 3200mHz RAM. And also im saying Nvme is faster than SATA III not SATA III is faster than m2 nvme, what should i get? Samsung SATA III or ADATA with M2.Nvme?
The ADATA is marginally faster than the Samsung.
A few percentage points at best.

Depending on what you use it for, you'll likely never notice.
Which one is better? cause the price are quite similars and some people said that Samsung is overpriced, but another said that Samsung is better than Adata. But this one is M2 Nvme vs SATA so i can't really decide need some experts help, and also I will use this SSD for mainly Design Graphics , 3D , and video editing and some competitive games like CS:GO not 4K games brand.
EDIT: Always get DRam SSD's be it any reason

If you do not have your os installed on that you could go with either however what ill recommend is to get the Samsung drive as it has dram cache and the adata does not however get Samsungssd imo.

Last edited:

NoobTechs69

Prominent
Oct 21, 2020
If you do not have your os installed on that you could go with either however what ill recommend is to get the Samsung drive as it has dram cache and the adata does not however get Samsungssd imo.
i was thinking to install my OS in this ssd tho, because i will use another HDD for my personal storage such as files,photos,and videos. M2.Nvme and SATA isn't much difference aren't they?

i was thinking to install my OS in this ssd tho, because i will use another HDD for my personal storage such as files,photos,and videos. M2.Nvme and SATA isn't much difference aren't they?
No if you are going to install os then get a ssd with dram cause your dram is much faster than those nand flash. Alternative to Samsung drives will be crucial MX500,Adata SU800, and wd Blue ssds all these have dram which will much better than that nvme m.2 ssd. You could also go for silicon Power however i don't remember the model which has dram. The adata SX8000 pro is better than SX6000. Yes however theres a ram in an ssd which help to locate your data without it it won't perform good .

USAFRet

Titan
No if you are going to install os then get a ssd with dram cause your dram is much faster than those nand flash. Alternative to Samsung drives will be crucial MX500,Adata SU800, and wd Blue ssds all these have dram which will much better than that nvme m.2 ssd. You could also go for silicon Power however i don't remember the model which has dram. The adata SX8000 pro is better than SX6000. Yes however theres a ram in an ssd which help to locate your data without it it won't perform good .
You're stating that the SATA III Samsung is "faster" than the NVMe ADATA?

It's not quite that simple:
https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/adata-xpg-sx6000-ssd,6331-2.html

NoobTechs69

Prominent
Oct 21, 2020
What motherboard will this be going on?
What other drives will you have in this system?
b460itx , rtx 2060 super i5 10400f and 3200mHz RAM. And also im saying Nvme is faster than SATA III not SATA III is faster than m2 nvme, what should i get? Samsung SATA III or ADATA with M2.Nvme?