Question SSD SATA port to NVMe conversion ?

NaSMaX

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2014
Ok, so I have no idea if this is possible but is it possible to convert a port for SSD into one that can use an NVME? My issue is this my motherboard has only 3 slots for NVME and I'm already using 2, however I have plenty of ports for sata, is there a way to convert SATA to NVME? I'm thinking there isn't but I wanted to check first.

Edit: I'm strictly using this drive for storage (videos, comics, audiobooks, etc.)

USAFRet

Titan
Ok, so I have no idea if this is possible but is it possible to convert a port for SSD into one that can use an NVME? My issue is this my motherboard has only 3 slots for NVME and I'm already using 2 however I have plenty of sports for sata, is there a way to convert SATA to NVME? I'm thinking its not but I wanted to check first.

Edit: I'm strickly using this drive for storage (videos, comics, audiobooks, etc.)
No.

And for strictly storage purposes, there is no benefit.
Just add a regular 2.5" SATA III drive of sufficient size.

is it possible to convert a port for SSD into one that can use an NVME?
To get additional M.2 ports you could use PCIE M.2 adapter.
But this depends on your motherboard, if it has necessary free PCIE slots available.

StorageReview-Netstor-Adaptor.jpg

SATA port can not be converted to M.2 NVME.
But NVME port can be converted to multiple sata ports using a specific M.2 to sata adapter

IOCREST-M-2-PCIe-3-0-to-5-Ports-SATA-III-6G-SSD-Adapter-with-SATAIII.jpg