SSD saving work and downloading to desktop

sycophantic

Distinguished
Sep 29, 2011
Hello,

Is is bad for my SSD if I save documents I'm working on directly to my SSD? Also what about my downloads? Sorry complete noob with SSD. I have my OS and a couple games on SSd and thats about it.

Solution
In a nutshell, there's no problem with saving documents directly to SSD. Some laptops shipped with just an SSD and there's no problem doing regular stuff on it.

As for me, I'm using a PC and I usually point my downloads and documents to another HDD in my build. Only the ones that need to be accessed fast are left to the SSD. If you have an extra drive, the above procedure is recommended as to minimize write cycles in SSD.

masterjaw

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2009
In a nutshell, there's no problem with saving documents directly to SSD. Some laptops shipped with just an SSD and there's no problem doing regular stuff on it.

As for me, I'm using a PC and I usually point my downloads and documents to another HDD in my build. Only the ones that need to be accessed fast are left to the SSD. If you have an extra drive, the above procedure is recommended as to minimize write cycles in SSD.

Solution