Question SSD says 95% good on drive monitor software

sodium.in.toilet

Commendable
Nov 21, 2018
I'm using crystal disk info. I was originally using the software to check my old hard drives but my m.2 ssd says 95% good on the status bar. It's a WD black NVMe 500gb m.2. It's about a year old.

Is this anything to be worried about? It's a pretty expensive drive or atleast it was. I paid $120 for it. Since it's my C drive, should I back it up? I might be wrong, but I dont think you can copy/paste windows.

USAFRet

Titan
Mar 16, 2013
I'm using crystal disk info. I was originally using the software to check my old hard drives but my m.2 ssd says 95% good on the status bar. It's a WD black NVMe 500gb m.2. It's about a year old.

Is this anything to be worried about? It's a pretty expensive drive or atleast it was. I paid $120 for it. Since it's my C drive, should I back it up? I might be wrong, but I dont think you can copy/paste windows.
Data should ALWAYSbe backed up. No matter what the "drive health" might report as.

And yes, you can absolutely do an Image of the C drive including "windows".
That is the basis of my whole backup routine.

sodium.in.toilet

Commendable
Nov 21, 2018
Data should ALWAYSbe backed up. No matter what the "drive health" might report as.

And yes, you can absolutely do an Image of the C drive including "windows".
That is the basis of my whole backup routine.

What software would you recommend to do this? I'm currently using minitool partition wizard

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS