[SOLVED] SSD setup suggestions

Oct 17, 2020
Hi. I've just purchased a second- hand prebuilt gaming pc. At present, the pc contains a 1tb hdd but I wish to update the system with ssd.

I have ordered a Samsung 860 QVO 1TB ssd (new) and a Samsung 850 Evo 250gb ssd (used). I'm not sure if I should use the 250gb ssd as the boot drive (Win 10) and have the 1tb ssd as the games installation drive. Or, should I do it the other way round and install windows +games on the 1tb ssd and use the extra 250gb ssd as extra games storage? I am intending on wiping the 1tb hdd and use it for storing music/photos/ less- used games. Or would the hdd be better used as some form of backup for the sdds?

Any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Rusty

Solution
Hi. I've just purchased a second- hand prebuilt gaming pc. At present, the pc contains a 1tb hdd but I wish to update the system with ssd.

I have ordered a Samsung 860 QVO 1TB ssd (new) and a Samsung 850 Evo 250gb ssd (used). I'm not sure if I should use the 250gb ssd as the boot drive (Win 10) and have the 1tb ssd as the games installation drive. Or, should I do it the other way round and install windows +games on the 1tb ssd and use the extra 250gb ssd as extra games storage? I am intending on wiping the 1tb hdd and use it for storing music/photos/ less- used games. Or would the hdd be better used as some form of backup for the sdds?

Thanks
Rusty
OK, first.
For any second...

USAFRet

Titan

Thanks
Rusty
OK, first.
For any second had system, you personally need to do a full wipe and reinstall.

Which drives?
OS and applications on the 250GB, 1TB for personal data and games.

Reactions: Rusty78
Solution
Oct 17, 2020
OK, first.
For any second had system, you personally need to do a full wipe and reinstall.

Which drives?
OS and applications on the 250GB, 1TB for personal data and games.

Thanks for your help. Yes, I will wipe and do a fresh install. I think the os on a separate drive might be the way forward.

Thank you for your help.

TRENDING THREADS