[SOLVED] SSD showing bad block errors in event viewer

iMurd

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2012
I just noticed today that my event viewer has a lot of errors with "The device, \Device\Harddisk0\DR0, has a bad block." Almost 700 of those that looks like it first really started June 13th. It shows only 2 errors before then, one in March and another a month later. But about half of the errors are from today. My main drive is an Sandisk SSD Plus 1TB. So far I ran the windows error checking and it said the drive was fine. SMART and Crystaldiskinfo also say the drive is healthy. So I don't know why there's so many errors when it seems to be healthy. I haven't noticed any performance issues besides one weird restart where it was just a black screen for 2 minutes, powered down and tried again and it booted up fine.

Should I be seriously looking to back up my stuff and get a new drive ASAP? Or will it be fine since it's still be reported as a healthy drive.

Solution
I just noticed today that my event viewer has a lot of errors with "The device, \Device\Harddisk0\DR0, has a bad block." Almost 700 of those that looks like it first really started June 13th. It shows only 2 errors before then, one in March and another a month later. But about half of the errors are from today. My main drive is an Sandisk SSD Plus 1TB. So far I ran the windows error checking and it said the drive was fine. SMART and Crystaldiskinfo also say the drive is healthy. So I don't know why there's so many errors when it seems to be healthy. I haven't noticed any performance issues besides one weird restart where it was just a black screen for 2 minutes, powered down and tried again and it booted up fine.

Should I be...

Should I be seriously looking to back up my stuff and get a new drive ASAP? Or will it be fine since it's still be reported as a healthy drive.
If dedicated disk check programs say it's alright, it is, windows errors could be due to windows itself, trying to overwrite protected data.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS