Sep 21, 2019
Adata SSD is showing RAW partition; unable to format. Here is my PC spec:
Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 (Codename : Kentsfield) @ 2.40GHz
Dolgix 8GB (2*4GB) DDR3 RAM 1333MHz
Asus NVIDIA GeForce 210 512 MB DDR3 Graphics Card
Adata Ultimate SU650 480GB SSD
ZEB-G41-D3, LGA 775 Socket
Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64 bit OS

My SSD suddenly got hanged; HDD-led was constantly on; so I force shut down my pc; but when i restarted; it went for disk check; however, the disk check on OS partition started running non- stop; literally, for hours such that pc ran into BSOD (probably, coz it was running for hours and some components got over-heated). DskChk utility was showing "Segment xxxxxx unreadable" continuously.

The moment, I connected the SSD, it asked for disk check; now, when i skipped that part, pc booted successfully; but the SSD doesn't show up in Disk Management OR in "This PC"; however, it gets identified in BIOS perfectly.

Few days later, I tried booting my pc in "Safe Mode" and attached the disk; luckily, the partitions were visible and I backed up my data; However, the OS partition was inaccessible and all other partitions vanished from "Disk Mmgt"; when i tried to format that particular partition.

I installed various disk recovery softwares like Disk Genius, EaseUse Data Recovery, Mini Partition Wizard ; but no luck yet; SSD goes inaccessible.

Thanks in advance. Below are the screenshots of my drives and partitions:
https://imgbox.com/FMb4CNRW
https://imgbox.com/oWbG4eV1

Last edited:
Solution
I tried booting my pc in "Safe Mode" and attached the disk; luckily, the partitions were visible and I backed up my data; However, the OS partition was inaccessible and all other partitions vanished from "Disk Mmgt"; when i tried to format that particular partition.
How old is that Adata Ultimate SU650 480GB SSD ?
If it is in read only mode, then it may have exhausted all write cycles and locked itself to prevent data loss.
Check yous SSD with ADATA SSD tool box.
https://www.adata.com/us/support/consumer?tab=downloads

If it is locked, then get a new SSD.

Lutfij

Titan
Make and model of your PSU and it's age? You're advised to not have more than one partition for an SSD(unless you're dealing with the OS whereby it creates 3 partitions) so you don't ruin the health of the SSD. You might want to try and break all partitions, using Disk Part(CMD) and then start with a clean slate, considering you've already backed up your data.

I tried booting my pc in "Safe Mode" and attached the disk; luckily, the partitions were visible and I backed up my data; However, the OS partition was inaccessible and all other partitions vanished from "Disk Mmgt"; when i tried to format that particular partition.
If it is in read only mode, then it may have exhausted all write cycles and locked itself to prevent data loss.

Solution

morebhushan311

Reputable
Sep 21, 2019
Make and model of your PSU and it's age? You're advised to not have more than one partition for an SSD(unless you're dealing with the OS whereby it creates 3 partitions) so you don't ruin the health of the SSD. You might want to try and break all partitions, using Disk Part(CMD) and then start with a clean slate, considering you've already backed up your data.

Thanks 4 the reply; but when i try using DiskPart; all the partitions get vanished; disk gets disconnected; However, when I boot in Safe Mode; I can access it; can you give an example OR explain how to break all partitions using Disk PArt (CMD)

Last edited:

morebhushan311

Reputable
Sep 21, 2019

Thanks 4 the reply; i bought the SSD in 2019; so 2 yrs old by now;
Yes, I have Adata SSd toolbox;
How to know if its in read only; When, I boot my pc in Safe Mode; I can access it; should I format directly OR optimize OR Trim SSd?

USAFRet

Titan
Thanks 4 the reply; i bought the SSD in 2019; so 2 yrs old by now;
Yes, I have Adata SSd toolbox;
How to know if its in read only; When, I boot my pc in Safe Mode; I can access it; should I format directly OR optimize OR Trim SSd?
Is there any data on it that you need?
If so, save that FIRST.

Other than that...it may have exhausted its write cycles as mentioned above. If so...it is done and needs to be replaced.

morebhushan311

Reputable
Sep 21, 2019
Is there any data on it that you need?
If so, save that FIRST.

Other than that...it may have exhausted its write cycles as mentioned above. If so...it is done and needs to be replaced.
Thanks 4 the reply; yes, i have saved the data; but right now, i can't buy new ssd due to financial limitations; can u suggest other options to recover the drive?Thanks.

morebhushan311

Reputable
Sep 21, 2019
Diagnose your drive with Adata SSD toolbox.
Yes, i diagnosed using Adata SSD toolbox; it showed working fine; I deleted all partitions and tried to copied sample data; however data writing speed went on decreasing and suddenly drive vanished; hdd led was on continuously; so I again restarted and connected SSd; but now its neither showing in bios nor in Disk Mgmt. Now, im literally pissed off and out of ideas.