[SOLVED] SSD shows two unalloacted spaces and can't boot up windows 10 on drive

Jan 13, 2022
I have a buddy who is trying to take the hand-me-down computer of our group and for some reason, it will not put windows 10 for booting on the single WD Blue SSD (250Gb). It is older (it still runs DDR3 RAM I believe.) but it worked before they wiped it clean and now it doesn't. We can boot windows 10 installation off a USB stick and when we get to the custom installation screen, it shows two 230 GB slots that when we try to use those to boot it says something about the computers software doesn't work with it even tho it just did like a week ago. It may just come down to needing to start a new build but he's very low on funds at the moment and he wants to game with us so. Any suggestions? I think it was also saying it wasn't just disk 0, it was like disk 2 but again we wiped it clean and now it doesn't even show up so

Last edited:
Solution
Show a pic from where windows shows you the two 230Gb partitions.
Basically bios can display drives at installation but windows still needs drivers for it to be able to install to it.
So it's also important for you to tell us the motherboard model, or if you know it just go to its webpage and search for chipset or sata drivers.
When windows shows you drives there is a small icon called load driver and you can load up those drivers and make he disk show up correctly.
Show a pic from where windows shows you the two 230Gb partitions.
Basically bios can display drives at installation but windows still needs drivers for it to be able to install to it.
So it's also important for you to tell us the motherboard model, or if you know it just go to its webpage and search for chipset or sata drivers.
When windows shows you drives there is a small icon called load driver and you can load up those drivers and make he disk show up correctly.

Solution