SSD shows up in device manager on laptop but not on bios or disk management on desktop

Kris_4

Reputable
Nov 25, 2015
Hi, yesterday I was just using chrome and all of a sudden my computer freezes and blue screens, when I restarted it was giving me a 0xc00000e error, aka missing boot device. I believe that at this my point my solid state drive was still alive. I made a windows 10 bootable usb on my laptop and booted up with it, and went to the command prompt on the repair my computer, and ran chkdsk but cancelled on stage 4 (i believe) as i thought i had read up on an easier way to fix it. After this, it completely dissappeared from the bios and stopped being detected. I found a SATA to USB adapter and put it in my laptop, nothing is detected, but there is a connection sound and a mass storage device is added to my device manager, but nothing in disk management. I have tried like 20 troubleshooting methods but all leads to my SSD still not being detected; other than the connection in device manager. I have an RMA being processed with Sandisk, but I would rather not receive a replacement as I have a lot of data on this

would appreciate any help, thanks a lot.

kemperkipie

Distinguished
Nov 24, 2011
It could be that you somehow broke the firmware, that explains why your PC can't do anything with it. However, you can't fix that yourself. I guess you have to wait the RMA, and perhaps mention that you want your data recovered.

Only thing I can say now is: in the future, be prepared for anything, so have back-ups for important data.