[SOLVED] SSD SPACE CONSUMPTION DOUBLES

Apr 25, 2021
Hi i just bought new laptop with M.2 ssd 500 gb, i dont why but whenver i try to install something or copy large files the space it consumes gets doubled for example i was installing Warzone which IS take about 90 gb but while i was installing it took 180 gb and when i restarted my laptop then it shows correct storage capacity. it happens every time and i am unable to install large games ..what should i do??

Solution
Hi i just bought new laptop with M.2 ssd 500 gb, i dont why but whenver i try to install something or copy large files the space it consumes gets doubled for example i was installing Warzone which IS take about 90 gb but while i was installing it took 180 gb and when i restarted my laptop then it shows correct storage capacity. it happens every time and i am unable to install large games ..what should i do??
Temp files, maybe?

Also,
Install and run either WinDirStat, or WizTree.

Run as Administrator, selecting only the drive in question.
Post a screencap here.

Also, a screencap of your Disk Management window.

USAFRet

Titan
Temp files, maybe?

Also,
Install and run either WinDirStat, or WizTree.

Run as Administrator, selecting only the drive in question.
Post a screencap here.

Also, a screencap of your Disk Management window.

Solution