[SOLVED] SSD speed very low

What0423

Prominent
Mar 16, 2020
I have had an SSD in my PC for a little over 6 months now. When I go to do a userbenchmark.com test, I am always getting a terrible (1.25%) score on my SSD, a Teamgroup T253X2001T (1TB) drive. Read speeds are 1.7mb/s and write speeds are 22.9mb/s. However, both my other drives, which are both mechanical hard drives, one a Hitachi and one a Seagate are getting over 100mb/s both in the read and write test. I don't really seem to be noticing anything too unordinary with my PC. Overall, Windows feels snappier than it did when I was running it on an old HDD. However, it would be nice to see the 530mb/s speeds that the manufacturer is advertising.

I can't seem to figure out the problem, I updated my BIOS, I plugged the SSD into every SATA port my motherboard offers, which according to the manufacturers website are all SATA 3 ports. I also double checked that my cables that were in my drives were SATA 6gb/s cords, which they were.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks.

Userbenchmark.com test: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/44170905

System Specs:
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB 2666MHz
Motherboard: Gigabyte B450M-DS3H
GPU: MSI AMD Radeon RX580 ARMOR OC
DRIVES: Teamgroup 1TB SSD (T253X2001T)
Hitachi 500GB HDD (HDS721050CLA362)
Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD (ST1000DM003)
PSU: Seasonic Focus 550W Gold

USAFRet

Titan
Solution

What0423

Prominent
Mar 16, 2020
No, that is abysmal.
Sequential read speed (481MB/s) is slow
Sequential write indicates a problem.

Is write caching enabled on this? It is by default.
If it is....that is a problem drive.
Do you think it is just out of the box a problem drive? Does disk space matter? Currently at 57% full. I know that if the SATA cable isn't a 6gb/s cable it won't run to potential, but what about the power? Does that matter or are all the cables coming from the PSU the same amount of power.

USAFRet

Titan
What is write caching and how do I make sure that it is on?
File Explorer
Right click This PC
Select Manage
Select Device Manager
Expand the Disk Drives section.
Select the drive in question
Properties
Click on Change Settings
Policies
s2qYLNN.png

It should be on by default, but verify.

What0423

Prominent
Mar 16, 2020
File Explorer
Right click This PC
Select Manage
Select Device Manager
Expand the Disk Drives section.
Select the drive in question
Properties
Click on Change Settings
Policies
s2qYLNN.png

It should be on by default, but verify.
Yeah I just did verify that it is on, and it is.

Do you think it is just out of the box a problem drive? Does disk space matter? Currently at 57% full. I know that if the SATA cable isn't a 6gb/s cable it won't run to potential, but what about the power? Does that matter or are all the cables coming from the PSU the same amount of power.

USAFRet

Titan
Free space looks fine, motherboard is 100% compatible, power from the PSU is not an issue.

I have had an SSD in my PC for a little over 6 months now. When I go to do a userbenchmark.com test, I am always getting a terrible (1.25%) score on my SSD, a Teamgroup T253X2001T (1TB) drive. Read speeds are 1.7mb/s and write speeds are 22.9mb/s. However, both my other drives, which are both mechanical hard drives, one a Hitachi and one a Seagate are getting over 100mb/s both in the read and write test. I don't really seem to be noticing anything too unordinary with my PC. Overall, Windows feels snappier than it did when I was running it on an old HDD. However, it would be nice to see the 530mb/s speeds that the manufacturer is advertising.

I can't seem to figure out the problem, I updated my BIOS, I plugged the SSD into every SATA port my motherboard offers, which according to the manufacturers website are all SATA 3 ports. I also double checked that my cables that were in my drives were SATA 6gb/s cords, which they were.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks.

Userbenchmark.com test: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/44170905

System Specs:
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB 2666MHz
Motherboard: Gigabyte B450M-DS3H
GPU: MSI AMD Radeon RX580 ARMOR OC
DRIVES: Teamgroup 1TB SSD (T253X2001T)
Hitachi 500GB HDD (HDS721050CLA362)
Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD (ST1000DM003)
PSU: Seasonic Focus 550W Gold
Unplug the sata cable from one of the hdd's and plug it into the ssd.
Run UBM again.

Normally the Crucial MX500 runs a tad less expensive than an 860/870 EVO, and I've seen an honest 540-550 MB/sec reads from anMX500 in CrystalDiskMark... (I've upgraded perhaps ten laptops with the MX500, and all are still fine even a couple years later...)