Question SSD spikes at random intervals, causes programs to freeze to a halt. Started happening ever since I factory reset my PC. Need help!!

Sep 13, 2022
To be specific, it's the ACTIVE TIME that spikes. It's not the programs I'm running that cause it, it happens on it's own for whatever reason
SPECS:
PNY CS900 500GB SSD
NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 2060
AMD RYZEN 5 2600 SIX-CORE PROCCESOR

Need help solving this issue, been at it for days, it's so frustrating ! Thanks !

Sep 13, 2022
There are 3 bad blocks. I don't know whether these existed when the drive was shipped, or if they are defects which have occurred in the field. GSmartControl may have additional information in its logs.
how would I go about finding the logs in GSmartControl? there is an error log but it seems to be completely empty

To be specific, it's the ACTIVE TIME that spikes. It's not the programs I'm running that cause it, it happens on it's own for whatever reason
SPECS:
PNY CS900 500GB SSD
NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 2060
AMD RYZEN 5 2600 SIX-CORE PROCCESOR

Need help solving this issue, been at it for days, it's so frustrating ! Thanks !
You may not think its the programs you're not running but that doesn't mean that there aren't apps running in the background on their own. First try opening up the Task Scheduler and see if there are any tasks scheduled, especially tasks scheduled to run every xx minutes all day long. Then open up the Control Panel Security and Maintenance app and look to see what Maintenance tasks are scheduled and what time of day Automatic Maintenance is scheduled. There are also a lot of tasks listed on the Task Scheduler like Time Synchronization and other stuff that are scheduled at all times of day and repeat at various times.

If you just factory reset the PC, it could be quite busy with Windows updates for a while, depending on how old your original install image was.
Get all your Windows updates installed, and see if your lagging apps issue persists afterward...

The SSD graph shown within task mngr/performance/SSD C: is showing MB/sec transfer, not access times, so, unless your freeze was ridiculously long, you can't simply point to write spikes above 1 MB/sec as an issue in itself...(there will be lots of writes if installing 3-4 versions of Windows updates on a 2017-2018 PC)

Q: Are all Win10 updates installed?