Question SSD still 100% after 50TB total write

Jan 31, 2023
I know this might sound weird that I’m complaining about the SSD still being 100%. But my question is how is it still 100% is it like an error or something.

I’ve had Crystal desk manager and Kingston’s SSD monitor and I saw I have 50,000 total gigabytes which equals out to 50 terabyte I’m guessing of write and read but it still said it was 100% health. But the part I’m confused about is the fact that I looked at the manufacturer and it said that my SSD(Kingston SNV2S/2000G) had a TBW of only 640. The SSD is a 2TB NVMe Drive.

oh so that means my SSD probably has a lot higher TBW than what’s the company rated it for. Thank You!

The TBW rating is of little importance unless you attempt a warranty claim when you have written more than the TBW. The claim under those circumstances would likely be denied.

There's only a weak correlation between TBW and your personal satisfaction or the drive's date of failure.

Highly unlikely you will write 640 GB within the warranty period.

Jan 31, 2023
The TBW rating is of little importance unless you attempt a warranty claim when you have written more than the TBW. The claim under those circumstances would likely be denied.

There's only a weak correlation between TBW and your personal satisfaction or the drive's date of failure.

Highly unlikely you will write 640 GB within the warranty period.

Well hopefully I don’t need to do a warranty claim. But I’m on this SSD a lot so I hope it last till then.
Thank You!

Last edited by a moderator:

TRENDING THREADS