[SOLVED] SSD suddenly not registered by windows.

Emil_Meld

Distinguished
Jul 31, 2013
I have been playing games from my second nvme m.2 drive, everything fine so I have never encountered any problems. Yesterday I went into windows explorer randomly and saw that the drive was missing, which is the first time I have seen this happen. I went into the bios and it was there, booted up again and I could find it in windows like normally.
I see no "enable sleep or hibernate" function anywhere I can untick, so I don't think its any of that. Isn't this a weird occurrence?

Last edited:
Solution
check in Device Manager for any errors or warnings.
make sure all Power Options are set correctly for your Power Plan.
install drive manufacturer maintenance software, let it update firmware and check for errors.
update system BIOS to latest version.
make sure you are not limiting M.2 use by using too many SATA ports or PCIe ports. depends on the specific motherboard how these devices correlate.

always post all system specs and specific hardware model information when requesting help. you will get much more detailed information & help in return.
check in Device Manager for any errors or warnings.
make sure all Power Options are set correctly for your Power Plan.
install drive manufacturer maintenance software, let it update firmware and check for errors.
update system BIOS to latest version.
make sure you are not limiting M.2 use by using too many SATA ports or PCIe ports. depends on the specific motherboard how these devices correlate.

always post all system specs and specific hardware model information when requesting help. you will get much more detailed information & help in return.

Solution

Emil_Meld

Distinguished
Jul 31, 2013
all that should be good. It has worked just fine ever since i built it. I have gone through that before and just now again. I'll hope it doesnt happen again but i'm weirded out about it and how it can be on and off like that.