SSD Support with the EVGA 680i SLI

Yarrokon

Honorable
Mar 30, 2013
From the forum below, it looks that I may not have support for an SSD with my MOBO. I'm not finding the setting everyone speaks of in the last few posts, and am wondering as I have the last version of this MOBO am I missing the setting or is there truly no support for this.

Mobo Part Number:
122-CK-NF68 - nForce 680i SLI

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/267126-32-running-evga-680i-mobo

Doing a windows 7 x64 Windows Experience Index does show that the drive went from a 5.9 (my last drive) to a 7.4, which now the Processor and RAM are the slowest things on my computer.

The only issue I have is NOTHING on my systems see's the drives as SSD, see's them all as HDD, and the loss of a little performance.

Regards,
Yarrokon

Solution
Your motherboard's chipset (NVIDIA nForce 680i SLI) does not support AHCI mode; so that's probably why your drive is not being seen as an SSD.
But you are still getting the performance of an SSD, so that's what counts.
Your motherboard's chipset (NVIDIA nForce 680i SLI) does not support AHCI mode; so that's probably why your drive is not being seen as an SSD.
But you are still getting the performance of an SSD, so that's what counts.

Solution

Yarrokon

Honorable
Mar 30, 2013

That is kinda what I was thinking. Was not so worried about the performance, more than I have a few apps that look for SSD (Diskeeper Being One of them). So I will just shoot a support email to these companies to see if there is any issue with their apps working with the drives as HD instead of SSD.

Thank You!