Question SSD Temperature Sensor Stuck at 45 C with Hard Disk Sentinel

Jul 29, 2021
i just bought a new ssd. RX7 256 GB its very popular in my country. When im open hard disk sentinel my ssd temp was stuck at 45 degrees all the time. Is that normal if the sensor is broken or maybe that im missing something. Im very grateful if you someone can guide me about this because im still new with ssd.

https://ibb.co/WKfb7cJ

Jul 29, 2021
Maybe the temperature sensor has been disabled in the firmware? Does the temperature change if you warm the SSD with a hair dryer (not too much, though)?
how to enable that sensor? yeah i can feel it with my hand if using a hair dryer but i try one time after installing os in my ssd and then i turn off. i check my ssd and its not warm at all more like room temperature.

Udyr

Honorable
Mar 3, 2021
oh okay but i really want to know the real temperature.
That is the real temperature. Most SSDs have so little variance in temperature the sensor doesn't register any changes, unless you got something generating a lot of heat near the drive or very poor airflow in your build.

My SSD is usually at 42C with a max of 44C while my HDD sits at 40C most of the time due to low load time I put on it. My son's SSD sits around 44-45C most of the time. HDDs usually have a higher temperature difference when they're reading/writing big chunks of data.

Jul 29, 2021
That is the real temperature. Most SSDs have so little variance in temperature the sensor doesn't register any changes, unless you got something generating a lot of heat near the drive or very poor airflow in your build.

My SSD is usually at 42C with a max of 44C while my HDD sits at 40C most of the time due to low load time I put on it. My son's SSD sits around 44-45C most of the time. HDDs usually have a higher temperature difference when they're reading/writing big chunks of data.
its weird even when im play games in my ssd the temp still 45C but with hdd max is 45C and idle 30C sometimes 28C