[SOLVED] SSD Temperature soaring above 60 degree celcius ! How Do I solve this issue ?

Jun 23, 2021
I've an old Dell Inspiron 15 3567 Laptop
Core : Intel Core i3 6006u 2.0 GHz Dual Core with hyper thread ( No Turbo boost )
https://ark.intel.com/content/www/u...ore-i3-6006u-processor-3m-cache-2-00-ghz.html
RAM : 8GB

So I recently upgraded my laptop and since there is no M2 slot so I replaced 1TB HDD with an SSD of 240 GB 2.5 inch
and It works fine with Windows 10 installed.
I installed Crystal Disk app to check if my hard drives were working fine and it showed the temperature in a red box as a sign of warning.
65 DEGREE CELCLIUS
I debloated windows, removed all unnecessary applications and all those services and msconfig things you know.
it's still 65 DEGREE celcius.
The SSD doesn't have a proper ventilation or a heat sink and is nowhere near the CPU.
I've already wasted so much money on this pls don't recommend me a cooling pad.
Any Solutions ??

View: https://imgur.com/a/g50Jbtm

Last edited:
Solution
I had installed drivers from Intel and Dell official websites thinking that they have latest drivers available but I was wrong. Some updates date back to 2006 on those sites.
I installed DriverEasy and found 19 Driver updates including Thermal Framework and SATA AHCI drivers and so many. I am sorry I forgot to take screenshot. I installed them all and now my SSD temperature has dropped 6-7 degree celcius
46-47 degree at Idle.
Max 55 degree when I put load on it on CPU.
This feels perfect now.
I was thinking about making small holes in the back panel to provide some ventilation for SSD but this solved the problem. I'am glad now.
The intended operating range for most SSDs is between 0°C and 70°C.
I don't see any obvious way you are going to get that temp to come down.
You could try a cooling pad...but I don't have a lot of confidence in that.
If it doesn't go above 70C....and it doesn't give you trouble.....I would run with it that way.

Reactions: maufilesmaufiles
Jun 23, 2021
The intended operating range for most SSDs is between 0°C and 70°C.
I don't see any obvious way you are going to get that temp to come down.
You could try a cooling pad...but I don't have a lot of confidence in that.
If it doesn't go above 70C....and it doesn't give you trouble.....I would run with it that way.
If I install windows 7, would the temperature decrease ?

Jun 23, 2021
I had installed drivers from Intel and Dell official websites thinking that they have latest drivers available but I was wrong. Some updates date back to 2006 on those sites.
I installed DriverEasy and found 19 Driver updates including Thermal Framework and SATA AHCI drivers and so many. I am sorry I forgot to take screenshot. I installed them all and now my SSD temperature has dropped 6-7 degree celcius
46-47 degree at Idle.
This feels perfect now.
I was thinking about making small holes in the back panel to provide some ventilation for SSD but this solved the problem. I'am glad now.

Solution
46-47 degree at Idle.
This feels perfect now.
Good to hear.
...but it makes me wonder what the new driver is actually doing to bring the temp down....hopefully it's not throttling anything.