Question SSD Temps

Gfost73

Reputable
Mar 23, 2019
Hi, I dont know if I have any reason to be concerned, but I cant really seem to find any information on this either, so I thought Id ask , I was wondering if my SSD temp is too high, it always seems to read 47°C-50°C where my other HDD is only showing temps of 35°C-37°C. I would of thought a SSD would be cooler. I have the SSD mounted inside my case on the bottom mounting area it is fairly close to the front intake fans as well so it does have air flowing over it. I do have a spot above that one , as well as 2 removable mounting brackets that go behind the mother board (I didnt choose these ones as I thought that on its own would be a warmer spot) I'm just not sure if I should be worried the drive seems so much warmer than everything else in the case, its even warmer than my CPU, GPU etc at idle. anyway if you have any suggestions of how maybe I could lower the temperature on the drive, maybe different positioning etc, or if I'm just worried for nothing, please le me know .. thank you

Gfost73

Reputable
Mar 23, 2019
I checked on the HP website there is no utility for this SSD nor any driver updates, however reading the HP forum (someone else had asked about monitoring temperatures) someone replied from HP confirming there is no utility but also suggested this utility ( SSDLifePro) , I have downloaded a free trial just tooo see temperature it displayed. and If I am reading it correct it says its 30°C, so now I wonder if the HWmonitor is accurate, or is this one way off.. =/ I will try to get a screenshot, after reloading program it now shows no temperature reading lol..

*Update, I have since checked with another utility to see which temperature it displayed, this one is called CrystalDiskInfo (version 8.3.2x64) this utility also shows temperature of 47°C, exactly the same as HWMonitor , so I think the 30°C was wrong, .. however there is no way this drive is that hot I can touch it and it feels cool , no heat what so ever, so I guess maybe this temperature reading is not the actual drives temperature, i just cant see it being 47°C without being hot to touch , and its no warmer than the metal of the case

Last edited: