Question SSD to start Windows with HDD to store games?

Aug 18, 2018
I have a question about SSD's and HDD's.
I'm just ordered a SSD 240GB.
But I got a question about the SSD.
Can I use the SSD for starting windows and then use my old HDD for playing games?
And Will the SSD take effect in my games like waiting in load screen?

Please reply with your answer or any recommendation.
PC Specs:
I5-2400
8GB Memory DDR3
Old 240GB HDD
1050 GTX

Greetings, Matthew

McKeu

Proper
Mar 27, 2019
Except for faster boot times and similar, you won't see any improvement, if only Windows is installed on the SSD. If you really want your games to benefit from it, get a bigger SSD and partition it. But with a 240 GB SSD you should be able to at least put a couple of games on it, too.

Aug 18, 2018
People are assuming you know how to put windows on the SSD. Do you know how to do this without losing your current HDD setup?
Just a curious Question, or are you planning on installing windows again on the new SSD?
Yes, I am planning on settings windows 10 on my SSD. And correct me if I am wrong. To put windows 10 on ssd you need a Flash usb with atleast 8gb on it. Then open boot menu and set the usb as 1s in the list. Then continue the steps that windows 10 setup offers right?

so you are not going to put old windows on your machine from that. that means you will have to probably reinstall many programs.
What you say about installing windows with usb is basically correct, you need to enable to boot from it.
Since the NEW drive will now be C drive, ALL your programs on D drives will have to reinstalled.

McKeu

Proper
Mar 27, 2019
Any disk activity also uses CPU and memory clocks and that in some cases, if it's borderline system, can actually slow everything down. Put some slow 2.5" HDD and results will invariably be dismal to OS work and game play.
Obviously. I still think the performance bonus for games NOT stored on the SSD will be minimal, compared to installing the games on the SSD.

Aug 18, 2018
I think il be using a 1 TB hdd bcs dont have the money to buy a ssd. But the boot time and loading screen will speed a bit up right? Bcs if I buy a ssd with 250G the 250 will be full in no time and it doesnt make that much of a difference does it?