Question SSD trouble

Mar 10, 2019
Well this is my first question.
I have a Dell Inspiron 1525 laptop, it's very old and I installed a Kingston 120gb SSD a year ago, everything was fine, I have my University archives there, all my homework, digital books, and that stuff (it's the most important things that I have there) and yesterday I decided to upgrade to a new 500gb Western digital SSD because was very cheap at Amazon, so I uninstalled the Kingston SSD without any backup thinking that it have to be the same as an HDD (I can recover the data after uninstalling the first time) and when I put the Kingston SSD in my usb reader no data was found, I installed again in the laptop and the SSD was not recognized by the BIOS, and all my data lost.
So my question is, why when I uninstalled a HDD and put again and again in a laptop or a PC is still working? But a SSD not?
I didn't know if this is because I do something wrong, but I was very careful. So I don't know.
I tried to recover the data with data recovery, recovery my files, etc and no one works.
Can anyone help me with this? Thank you very much!

you did nothing wrong the ssd should work like any normal hdd.

only thing i can guess is that maybe a pin of the sata connector got damaged or smth like that when pulling the ssd out. did you remember to unplug the battery when you took it out?

did you have any kind of encryption enabled?

Mar 10, 2019
you did nothing wrong the ssd should work like any normal hdd.

only thing i can guess is that maybe a pin of the sata connector got damaged or smth like that when pulling the ssd out. did you remember to unplug the battery when you took it out?

did you have any kind of encryption enabled?

Well I will check that but if i connect another disc to my laptop (internal) it works normally.
Im a little bit confused because this happens with 2 SSD right now. I wass installing in another SSD my windows but when I disconect the SSD (connected via usb) now the laptop does not recognize it.
So 2 SSDs i thought it could be because im not familiar with all the caracteristics of SSDs