Question SSD trouble

Apr 4, 2019
Not even sure if this is a motherboard issue but here it goes.

Trying to boot windows 10 on a Samsung 970 evo ssd on an Asus prime h310m-A motherboard.

Windows and the motherboard cannot detect the sad and can't load a driver. It even gives the "incorrect driver" error when i try and install through the custom option after deleting other partitions leaving only the unallocated drive.

Has this happened to anyone? Any tips are helpful.

Sincerely, an intern trying to do his best

D

Deleted member 14196

did you install Windows 10 from USB? did it see the SSD? You will most likely need to do a clean windows install on the Evo... do not have any other drives connected when doing so to prevent windows 10 from putting boot loader partitions on the other drives, which it will do--i really hate that).

once you have booted your usb installer, you will be able to let the installer automatically handle all the partitioning and formatting that is necessary and it should then be able to boot off the Evo. After install, remove usb stick of course and reboot.

Apr 4, 2019
did you install Windows 10 from USB? did it see the SSD? You will most likely need to do a clean windows install on the Evo... do not have any other drives connected when doing so to prevent windows 10 from putting boot loader partitions on the other drives, which it will do--i really hate that).

once you have booted your usb installer, you will be able to let the installer automatically handle all the partitioning and formatting that is necessary and it should then be able to boot off the Evo. After install, remove usb stick of course and reboot.

Yes, used Rufus to provision a USB with Win10. This is a clean install, nothing has been installed on the SSD beforehand (if I'm interpreting your question correctly). I don't believe there are any other drives connected during install