Question SSD unable to be initialised....driving me loopy ! HELP (please) !

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Aug 9, 2020
But yeah, I think the conclusion I'm coming to is that I've done a lot and all its done is prove that the SSD itself is just faulty :-(

Tried to install windows on it and the windows installer couldn't deal with it despite seeing that it existed. Its a kaput SSD :-(

DOA :-(

Last edited:
Aug 9, 2020
Yeah, have to conclude that all I've done has really only lead me to the sad conclusion that the SDD is faulty.
DOA :-(

Tried to even install Windows on it from their install boot dvd but that also, whilst being able to see the disk, couldn't install on it. Hardly a surprise but worth a go !

The disk in kaput. DOA :-(

May 11, 2020
Well that utility is doing something as when I run it on my existing 64GB SSD it seems to be doing some sort of test.

after a few seconds:
https://ibb.co/rFCBrXf
I've not tried doing a surface test on an SSD with the Free Easeus Partition Manager. But for deleting partitions it's been good. Also don't try and to multiple things at a time with Partition Manager as it may want you to pay money. Do things one at a time. EG don't delete a partition and format at the same time. Delete the partition first one at a time. Then you can choose to create a big partition before trying to reinstall Windows 10.

But given the problems you have had so far there is a remote possibility the SSD is bad.

ASK THE COMMUNITY