[SOLVED] SSD vs hard drives for gamining

ace700

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2008
My operating system is on a SSD, I was wondering if I should install the games on another SSD or the improvements will not improve that much?

Solution
On SSD your load times will be better, more consistent performance, and usually a little better minimum frame rates. Also with the new consoles around the corner and both of them having SSD only storage, sooner rather than later games will start being able to take advantage of the added speed of SSD.
On SSD your load times will be better, more consistent performance, and usually a little better minimum frame rates. Also with the new consoles around the corner and both of them having SSD only storage, sooner rather than later games will start being able to take advantage of the added speed of SSD.

Solution

poorbugger

Distinguished
It's the same performance between those 2. Any differences you will is 1 to 2 fps because of margin errors. Ssd loads faster so you will have less load time and will have less texture pop in happening. My suggestion is if you dont have the budget, just put your games in hdd and it will be fine.

rhyalus

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2011
My operating system is on a SSD, I was wondering if I should install the games on another SSD or the improvements will not improve that much?

If you have another SSD, the speed would be the same UNLESS your primary was an m.2 and the secondary was a SATA drive.

Get crystaldiskmark and check them out....

R