[SOLVED] SSD warranty voided ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 25, 2021
Hello my name is Julian.

I've recently bought a new setup with an ADATA SX8200 Pro m.2 2280 Gen3x4 SSD 2TB

I got my PC set up by a local reseller with windows 10 installed and everything properly setup - according to their word.

I received the PC and started it and in the process of transfering all my logins from my old PC and installing different programs - mainly for gaming. I got a dll error while visiting some random internet sites via Firefox Mozilla for PC.
I decided to google the error and a result showed up stating i had a missing .dll. I googled the .dll and decided to download and install it which crashed my windows. At that time i was able to boot up in a mode in which my explorer and everything else was flashing. I googled what was the problem and it was something aobut messing up windows files. I decided to reinstall windows because it was a fresh install a few hours old with no information to lose. I took a flash drive with bootable windows from microsoft.com.

When it asked me where i wish to install it i saw 4 partitions 3 of which the option to format/delete data was allowed. I pressed that button thinking It would do a fresh install on the SSD. After the installation was done I had managed to successfully reinstall it. It worked ok and for a few hours I got back to reinstalling the different programs including steam and battlenet.

I left the working overnight in order to download the games i wanted to play. In the morning I woke to the PC being in the BIOS and unable to reinstall windows again. When i got to the UEFI page where i try to make a fresh install of windows i saw no partitions anymore and it was a blank space.

The following monday i brought my PC to the reseller to check it out and try and fix it. They called me today on Wednesday 25.06 and told me that i had 15 partitions on the SSD. Does that void my warranty and does what i did constitute "improper use of item" ?
I have used windows 7 these last 11 years and i've never had a problem when i downloaded a missing .dll off the internet. Is it possible that my reseller tries to scam me into buying a new SSD or would they be entirely right to deny me a warranty.

Solution
is a ssd. you can have as many partition as you want.

and don't download random missing dll off the internet.

and here how to do a clean fresh os install

rgd1101

Don't
is a ssd. you can have as many partition as you want.

and don't download random missing dll off the internet.

and here how to do a clean fresh os install

Solution
Hello my name is Julian.

I've recently bought a new setup with an ADATA SX8200 Pro m.2 2280 Gen3x4 SSD 2TB

I got my PC set up by a local reseller with windows 10 installed and everything properly setup - according to their word.

I received the PC and started it and in the process of transfering all my logins from my old PC and installing different programs - mainly for gaming. I got a dll error while visiting some random internet sites via Firefox Mozilla for PC.
I decided to google the error and a result showed up stating i had a missing .dll. I googled the .dll and decided to download and install it which crashed my windows. At that time i was able to boot up in a mode in which my explorer and everything else was flashing. I googled what was the problem and it was something aobut messing up windows files. I decided to reinstall windows because it was a fresh install a few hours old with no information to lose. I took a flash drive with bootable windows from microsoft.com.

When it asked me where i wish to install it i saw 4 partitions 3 of which the option to format/delete data was allowed. I pressed that button thinking It would do a fresh install on the SSD. After the installation was done I had managed to successfully reinstall it. It worked ok and for a few hours I got back to reinstalling the different programs including steam and battlenet.

I left the working overnight in order to download the games i wanted to play. In the morning I woke to the PC being in the BIOS and unable to reinstall windows again. When i got to the UEFI page where i try to make a fresh install of windows i saw no partitions anymore and it was a blank space.

The following monday i brought my PC to the reseller to check it out and try and fix it. They called me today on Wednesday 25.06 and told me that i had 15 partitions on the SSD. Does that void my warranty and does what i did constitute "improper use of item" ?
I have used windows 7 these last 11 years and i've never had a problem when i downloaded a missing .dll off the internet. Is it possible that my reseller tries to scam me into buying a new SSD or would they be entirely right to deny me a warranty.
I doubt that your warranty covers operator error.
I would think the merchant will bill you for service time to reinstall the OS.

Aug 25, 2021
Now it doesn't recognize the ssd anywhere except in the BIOS and doesn't let me boot even trough a bootable flash drive or access to the command prompt

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS