Question SSD was showing as uninitialized until reboot ?

JohnKimble

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2015
I have a month old or so SSD that randomly disappeared from my drives and showed up in disk management as uninitialized. I restarted my computer and it seems like after that it worked as usual. So far it's only happened once. Has anyone experienced this before, or knows what could have happened? I'm hoping it's just a random one time fluke. Crystaldisk is showing the drive in perfect health so i'm at a bit of a loss.

I have a month old or so SSD that randomly disappeared from my drives and showed up in disk management as uninitialized. I restarted my computer and it seems like after that it worked as usual. So far it's only happened once. Has anyone experienced this before, or knows what could have happened? I'm hoping it's just a random one time fluke. Crystaldisk is showing the drive in perfect health so i'm at a bit of a loss.
Could be a problem with data cable or power or their connections.

JohnKimble

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2015
Could be a problem with data cable or power or their connections.
I guess if it happens again i'll try plugging it in again. I kind of figured if it lost power or sata connector, it would just completely disconnect instead of showing as it needs to be initialized. I did some digging around and the only other reference of this i've seen involved a bad windows update from a couple years back.