SSD Windows/Transferring files question

AsianBajan

Commendable
Jul 23, 2016
So my new pc is coming soon and it is going to have an ssd and harddrive plugged in it so when i first turn it on how do i make it so the ssd has the windows and priority boot, second after this setup is finished i have an extra ssd that has some files i need that need to be put on the new computer's ssd, and then i want that old ssd to be wiped for my dad.

Sorry if my explanation was bad or long to understand.

Solution
If you are installing Windows yourself, start by disconnecting the other drive (the HDD), that way the Windows install can't go anywhere except on the SSD, so there's no chance of making a mistake when choosing the destination drive for Windows.

When Windows is up and running, shut down & temporarily connect that other SSD to the cables which were previously connected to the HDD, then boot up again.

Transfer whatever files you need, then reformat that SSD in Windows before shutting down.

Take out the SSD you just formatted and reconnect the HDD.

USAFRet

Titan

Is the OS already installed, or are you installing it?

If you are installing Windows yourself, start by disconnecting the other drive (the HDD), that way the Windows install can't go anywhere except on the SSD, so there's no chance of making a mistake when choosing the destination drive for Windows.

When Windows is up and running, shut down & temporarily connect that other SSD to the cables which were previously connected to the HDD, then boot up again.

Transfer whatever files you need, then reformat that SSD in Windows before shutting down.

Take out the SSD you just formatted and reconnect the HDD.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS