• Find an incredible deal for Black Friday or Cyber Monday? Share those epic bargains with the community by posting them in this forum thread!

Question SSD wont appear in disk management

Nov 9, 2019
so today i got a samsung 860 evo and after installing it my computor recognised it but then it wouldnt show up in file explorer so i went to disk management and it wasnt there . i have it plugged in via a sata cable but its not like other peoples sta cables its like the power and data cable in one so i was thinking that may be the issue but im unsure. help would be appreciated :)

Nov 9, 2019
Upload to imgur.com and post links.
1. it wasnt in file explorer so i went to disc manager (image 2 ) and it wasnt there so i checked my cables and i noticed that the cables in pic 3 and 6 are normal sata cables but they go tot a hdd. my actual sata that came with my pc is as one cable ( image 4 ) excuse my fat fingers. any other photos u need ??bc right now im clueless as to why my ssd wouldnt work as its just fresh out of the box

Nov 9, 2019
my motherboard is an dell alienware a00 apparently and my hdd i currently have is sata while my hdd says its pci and its partition is gpt but im sorry i cant show you my motherboard right now as its far from easy to move my pc

Nov 9, 2019
Where's the other end of sata data cable plugged in?

What's the model name of motherboard? Can you show photo of it ?
Do you have any M.2 drives in your system? Those can disable some sata ports.
sorry for wasting your time man
not meaning to be a pest asking all this stuff bc i feel real dumb right now and i think ill call it a night and work on this in my own time tomorrow but i cant thank you enough for your generosity with your time and patience sorry if i was annoying
have a splendid night/ day

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS