[SOLVED] SSD won't boot after cloning from raid 0

mortalsaw

Honorable
Apr 1, 2014
Hello,
my pc had raid 0 setup(2x 1TB Seagate) and recently i bought a SSD (Western Digital Blue 500) and clone my OS Drive with the other smaller parts that are related to windows on the ssd with Macrium Reflect. the problem is the pc won't boot from ssd and goes straight to bios. i tried disconnecting raid array and connecting only the ssd. setting boot priority, changing Sata raid to AHCI and IDE, disabling/Enable back CSM. nothing works PC just boots straight back to BIOS. if i connect the raid array and set settings back the pc boots fine into the old raid0 setup just fine. it seems i can't boot from ssd no matter what. i would rather not clean install OS because of all the apps/drivers/configs on my windows.
also the raid 0 is setup using INTEL Ctrl I setup right after bios if it matters.

thanks for taking your time and reading this

PC Specs:
Asus ROG Maximus VI Hero
i7 4770k
16GB RAM
2x 1TB HDD in Raid 0
1x 2TB HDD non raid
1x500 GB SSD non raid

Solution
Macrium Reflect comes with a Disk Repair option which is highly effective at repairing damaged or incomplete boot sectors after cloning operations. Try this first on your cloned disk.

mundial

Reputable
Dec 31, 2017
Macrium Reflect comes with a Disk Repair option which is highly effective at repairing damaged or incomplete boot sectors after cloning operations. Try this first on your cloned disk.

Solution

mortalsaw

Honorable
Apr 1, 2014
i tried Disk repair it didn't fix it, but indeed it was boot sector issue. so i installed the atrocious software that comes with the Western Digital Called Acronis True Image WD Edition and cloned again using that. it gave me a lot of problems but finally got the job done and now i booted into the windows.
thanks for your help.