sloppyslonga

Reputable
Aug 25, 2017
My SSD became very slow one day then after a few days stopped working all together. Now when I try boot I am forever taken to the bios.
My disk does not show under the bios however other drives do. I have tried other sata cables to no avail. If I boot the pc using another drive that has windows the faulty ssd does not show and doesn't show in device management. If I launch the ssd with media creation tool I cannot reinstall windows and there are no useful or working options besides being able to use cmd. I've tried uninstalling sata controllers which didn't work either.

I do not care about the drive at all I just want to recover the data on it. I don't know how much data recovery services cost but I'd be willing to pay up to around $50 which I'm guessing is not enough.

I have spare drives and PC'S if you want me to run any tests.

Any help is greatly appreciated, I can respond swiftly.

System

Windows 10
I5 6600k
asrock z170 pro4/d3
2x8GB DDR3 1866
EVGA supernova 750W
SanDisk SSD Plus 240gb

Last edited:

sloppyslonga

Reputable
Aug 25, 2017
Unfortunately if the drive cannot be detected then software data recovery will not work. The drive needs to be repaired first. \

Have you tried this disk in another PC? USB dock?
I have tried it in another pc and it doesnt work or show up. I have used a usb to sata cable and that doesn't work either. I don't understand how the drive can just die.