Question SSD wont boot unless i override ?

Mar 20, 2022
i recently fully reset pc back to factory settings and i did the second option it offers when reinstalling windows, first choice was cloud or second i forgot what it was, but when i boot pc it says failure or imminent and i did a chkdsk and my SSD is 100% fine is there anything i could do? i was thinking of reinstalling windows from usb the free version but i bought my pc pre built from NZXT thanks in advance if anyone needs clarification please feel free to ask.

when i boot pc it says failure or imminent

Failure of what?

The disk?

You would need to try to confirm that yourself with a software package.

If it's confirmed, I would:

1; back up all personal data on that disk; pronto

2; buy another disk; possibly a different size or type.

3; do a free clean install using a self-made USB installer made through Microsoft's "Media Creation Tool".

Mar 20, 2022
Failure of what?

The disk?

You would need to try to confirm that yourself with a software package.

If it's confirmed, I would:

1; back up all personal data on that disk; pronto

2; buy another disk; possibly a different size or type.

3; do a free clean install using a self-made USB installer made through Microsoft's "Media Creation Tool".
ok but heres the thing i can go into bios and theres only one boot option my SSD and I cant boot straight from that i have to go to boot menu and click the override boot on SSD and it boots into Windows automatically, if i just go into bios and click f10 and exit it goes straight back to failure or imminent and it doesnt tell me what is going to be failure.

ok but heres the thing i can go into bios and theres only one boot option my SSD and I cant boot straight from that i have to go to boot menu and click the override boot on SSD and it boots into Windows automatically, if i just go into bios and click f10 and exit it goes straight back to failure or imminent and it doesnt tell me what is going to be failure.
Can you show photos of those screens?
(upload to imgur.com and post link)

just gonna not use one at all this thing is literally 1 month old no joke....
You have to replace it asap.
The sooner you get it replaced, the sooner you can get your data off it.
It can die completely at any moment. Then say goodbye to your data.
Recovery will be very expensive. It can go into 3 digit numbers easy (in USD). Definitely more than a new HDD.

Last edited: