Question SSD wont boot windows 10 on old ahci system

StrattonKaden

Reputable
Oct 23, 2016
I have a old cyber power pc. The hard drive failed so i decided to install a evo ssd. After install windows 10 on it multiple times, it wont boot into windows. There is just a flashing line. I thought maybe it had something to do with ahci. It is not a uefi motherboard. Maybe it has something to do with windows 10 not being installed as ahci? I have tried changing it over on another computer, where it actually boots. So what I believe it may be is the motherboard isn't compatible with the new ssd. The motherboard is a msi ms7641. The sata ports are only 3gbps as well. Does anyone have any idea why it wont boot?

After install windows 10 on it multiple times, it wont boot into windows. There is just a flashing line.
Boot mode incompatibility.
OS is installed in UEFI mode, but motherboard supports legacy mode only.

Have only SSD connected.
Clean SSD via diskpart.
Reinstall windows on cyber power pc.

I suspect, you installed windows on another computer and moved drive to cyber power pc.

StrattonKaden

Reputable
Oct 23, 2016

Have only SSD connected.
Clean SSD via diskpart.

I suspect, you installed windows on another computer and moved drive to cyber power pc.

Thats what I thought. But I did install it on the cyber power pc. Ill give it another try. I tried switching windows over to ahci mode being the bios is set as that. I also tried switching the bios to ide, as well as raid. The windows logo would pop up on the original hard drive but just load and never boot after I tried to re install windows. So then tried with the ssd and it just flashes the line like I described before.

StrattonKaden

Reputable
Oct 23, 2016

Have only SSD connected.
Clean SSD via diskpart.

Update

- What I tried:

- First I tried creating a bootable drive in rufus putting it in bios mode, not uefi. That was unsuccessful and gave me the same issue.

- I then installed windows on ssd on another computer. Plugged it in, and got the same issue with the flashing underscore. Which is the same issue with the bootable usb.

- Plugged in the hard drive, that I suspect is never had an issue. My buddy thought it was the hard drive, when it was actually a ram stick that went bad. He had tried to reinstall windows, it kept getting stuck on copying files. Now when I plug it in it shows an infinite spinning circle. and after 3 reboots it will show automatic repair for a few seconds and then the screen goes black.

StrattonKaden

Reputable
Oct 23, 2016
Are you using 2,5" SSD ? It should be support. Check you Storage/Sata configuration on BIOS. Set them to another setting besides IDE. Would be helpful if you can provide the pict of you storage/sata BIOS configuration.

I didn't think to take any pictures of bios when I was at my friends house, but I did take a picture of the boot screens as they were loading too fast for me to be able to see them. I have attached those below. My boot sequence is correct as well. It is also in AHCI mode. I tried Raid and IDE but came up with the same issues.

Thank you

View: http://imgur.com/a/5HhPj4c