SSD won't detect when enabling AHCI in BIOS

tesqui

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2011
Ok, so I've been trying to get my SSD (Kingston V100 64GB) to work with AHCI. I know my motherboard's (Gigabyte EP45-UD3R) compatible with AHCI, but it keeps saying not detected once i enable it in BIOS. The weird part is that the computer still boots when no hardware is detected in the sata port. Which confuses the hell out of me, cause then i don't really know if it reverted back to ide, or it's actually in AHCI. I mean there's no performance increase between the two, if that's the case. I've benchmarked both and they turn out the same/ close scores. (240-250 sequential read, 95-100 sequential write in Crystal Disk Mark) I've also tried enabling AHCI through Regedit, but it still comes up with the same error at boot.

I'm sorry but I really don't know that much about BIOS and it's settings, so I may come off as confusing.

I did however take pics of my BIOS so you guys can get an idea of what I'm talking about, and maybe help me out.

Here's where I changed the settings to AHCI, (Note I changed both "ICH SATA Control Mode: AHCI"
and "Onboard SATA/IDE Ctrl Mode: AHCI") but right now it's IDE.
HshJV.jpg

Here's where the error pops up.
duPk5.jpg

AiOql.jpg