SSD worked for 1 day?

Jak_1

Reputable
Sep 10, 2015
Hello,
Mobo: ASRock 990Fx exteme6
Cpu: AMD FX9590
SSD: ADATA SU800
My HDD recently failed, so I took it about myself to get an SSD as that was my next planned upgrade. The SSD I bought was an ADATA SU800. I installed windows on it and had it all up and running and it was working fine for 2 days. The third day, it is no longer being recognised by my mobo and just before it brought me to the Bios, it had an underscore on the top right of my screen, and 'A9' in the bottom left..

In the 2 days it was running, I had BSOD 3 times, but I thought this was down to the fact I hadn't finished installing drivers and windows updates

I have checked the power to it, tested other cables, checked and replaced the sata cables, tried them in different slots, checked the pins on the SSD, still nothing. I connected an old HDD to it and it booted, but when I tried a second working HDD, I was getting the same issue as my SSD. The second HDD I tried has crashed before, but it has been recovered, but had failed to boot quite a number of times since.

I'm not sure on the issue here, I have had as deep a look as I can through this forum, but can't seem to solve the issue.

Could my SSD have failed on the 3Rd day of use? or could this be a motherboard related issue?

Thanks, Jak

Solution
Unlikely it failed after such a short period of time, but possible. You have done the troubleshooting that I would have suggested. The fact that your second old HDD failed to boot doesn't tell me anything, since you said it has crashed in the past.

I would try the SSD in a different working computer, as a secondary (not the boot) drive. If it can be seen in the BIOS and Device Manager, that would probably rule out a problem with the SSD.
Unlikely it failed after such a short period of time, but possible. You have done the troubleshooting that I would have suggested. The fact that your second old HDD failed to boot doesn't tell me anything, since you said it has crashed in the past.

I would try the SSD in a different working computer, as a secondary (not the boot) drive. If it can be seen in the BIOS and Device Manager, that would probably rule out a problem with the SSD.

Solution