SSD works but HDD doesn't

2wice2

Prominent
Mar 14, 2017
My SSD connected to SATA works fine, but when I connect my HDD it doesn't work. I have changed the cables and also tried a couple of HDDs, both of em brand new and they don't seem to work. I've run out of Ideas, they aren't even visible on BIOS. Any help is appreciated

Solution
I am having the same problem. Go to my computer click manage. go to storage. click disk management. In action option select rescan disks. Now you should be seeing your HDD. Or while the computer is on connect and disconnect the power supply to the HDD and try rescan disk you should be seeing the HDD.

2wice2

Prominent
Mar 14, 2017

No I'm not using the M2 slot. Just using the usual SATA port. And no the HDD does not seem to show up whenever I connect them to the SSD ports. That's very strange. That's the part I don't understand

partha1955

Honorable
Aug 11, 2012
I am having the same problem. Go to my computer click manage. go to storage. click disk management. In action option select rescan disks. Now you should be seeing your HDD. Or while the computer is on connect and disconnect the power supply to the HDD and try rescan disk you should be seeing the HDD.

Solution