Question SSD works internally but not externally

brosid

Commendable
Jan 17, 2018
So I have another Lexar ssd that i use for games but it only works if its connected to my pc with the sata cables and boots fine into windows but when i use two different external ssd plugs with usb 3.0 it wont boot and gives a blue screen saying "Inaccessible boot device" and then 4 beeps but the device works internally and even shows up on windows disk manager and as well as in the folder for viewing the files within the drive.

Has windows 10 on it and is pass protected account

I tried to reset my bios back to default but no luck as well as those automatic startup fix and even those advance cmd commands about startups.

Last edited:
So I have another Lexar ssd that i use for games but it only works if its connected to my pc with the sata cables and boots fine into windows but when i use two different external ssd plugs with usb 3.0 it wont boot and gives a blue screen saying "Inaccessible boot device" and then 4 beeps but the device works internally and even shows up on windows disk manager and as well as in the folder for viewing the files within the drive.

Has windows 10 on it and is pass protected account

I tried to reset my bios back to default but no luck as well as those automatic startup fix and even those advance cmd commands about startups.
Are you trying to BOOT from external disl even as windows were installed on it while it was internal ?

brosid

Commendable
Jan 17, 2018
Are you trying to BOOT from external disl even as windows were installed on it while it was internal ?
not sure what you mean but i originally installed windows 10 while this ssd was on my laptop and then i removed it and tried to boot into it while connected to my desktop via usb 3.0 but when it boots it gives out a blue screen.

changed the boot order from external to internal ones so this usb one will always try first but fails.

not sure what you mean but i originally installed windows 10 while this ssd was on my laptop and then i removed it and tried to boot into it while connected to my desktop via usb 3.0 but when it boots it gives out a blue screen.

changed the boot order from external to internal ones so this usb one will always try first but fails.
Windows can't work like that, there's different procedure to make it live.