[SOLVED] SSD wrong installation

Aug 8, 2019
Found out today that my intel 660p m.2 nvme was installed incorrectly. It was screwed in without a standoff on the left side, so it was bent. Ysterday my desktop just died and now there’s no power at all. Went to the repair shop today and found my psu is dead. Could this wrong installation cause a shortage and damage my motherbord or psu? Is my SSD damaged already?

CPU : Ryzen 5 3600x
MOB : MSI B450M Mortar max
MEM : Patriot viper steel 3600c17
SSD : Intel 660p 1tb m2 nvme
PSU : Seasonic Forcus gold 80+ gx650w
Moni : vg258qr
Case : Phanteks P300

Solution
I've seen a friend do this. It can work fine as long as the SSD doesn't contact the motherboard in a way that would cause it to short-circuit. If it worked fine and your computer could turn on and off without problems, your SSD isn't the cause of your PSU failing.

That being said, what GPU do you have? I doubt you blew up your PSU by overloading it. That also being said, I've heard bad things about the Seasonic Focus Plus power supplies lately. There are threads on Linustechtips about it, but the forum seems to have some issues.
Found out today that my intel 660p m.2 nvme was installed incorrectly. It was screwed in without a standoff on the left side, so it was bent. Ysterday my desktop just died and now there’s no power at all. Went to the repair shop today and found my psu is dead. Could this wrong installation cause a shortage and damage my motherbord or psu? Is my SSD damaged already?

CPU : Ryzen 5 3600x
MOB : MSI B450M Mortar max
MEM : Patriot viper steel 3600c17
SSD : Intel 660p 1tb m2 nvme
PSU : Seasonic Forcus gold 80+ gx650w
Moni : vg258qr
Case : Phanteks P300
Yes,

Reactions: Phillip Corcoran
I've seen a friend do this. It can work fine as long as the SSD doesn't contact the motherboard in a way that would cause it to short-circuit. If it worked fine and your computer could turn on and off without problems, your SSD isn't the cause of your PSU failing.

That being said, what GPU do you have? I doubt you blew up your PSU by overloading it. That also being said, I've heard bad things about the Seasonic Focus Plus power supplies lately. There are threads on Linustechtips about it, but the forum seems to have some issues.

Solution
Aug 8, 2019

Thanks!

It was actually working and the system detected it. Was also able to download some drivers and play games. After that last windows update it Restarted but did not boot. I turned it off by holding the power button of my p300. After a minute, I turned it on again and there was no sign of power anywhere. I have Sapphire Nitro RX 480 which doesn’t really consume much.