Question ssd

GoldGlitch

Upstanding
BANNED
Nov 24, 2022
if you download and delete the games from the ssd, will they break. more than one time you format ssd is it still working?

the more you write to a disk the more usage it gets.
whether this is going to have a negative affect on the lifetime or performance of a disk depends mostly on it's build quality.

i've got disks that have had probably thousands of game titles installed, uninstalled, data updated, deleted, etc over and over and still function fine.

Reactions: GoldGlitch

GoldGlitch

Upstanding
BANNED
Nov 24, 2022
No idea what you're actually asking.

If the basis is that doing that causes 'wear' on the SSD, technically yes .
But it will not kill it tomorrow. Or next month. Or next year.

Or are you asking about breaking the game?
not about a game .
you install etc 1 game then unistall etc 100 time . not in 1 day .will ssd stil work

or you delete all from ssd (win os ,game ,files ) reinstall mybe 2 3 time will you brake ssd

punkncat

Champion
Ambassador
All SSD are rated for a read and write life, the expected time that it will do so before failure. In most cases this is an insane amount of ops and can take years to happen. In some cases, you have another type of failure before that rated lifetime.

I have been using and installing SSD for my own and for others PC as well as work for years. I have had very few failures in that time and at that, couldn't directly contribute them to reads and writes.

Reactions: GoldGlitch

GoldGlitch

Upstanding
BANNED
Nov 24, 2022
All SSD are rated for a read and write life, the expected time that it will do so before failure. In most cases this is an insane amount of ops and can take years to happen. In some cases, you have another type of failure before that rated lifetime.

I have been using and installing SSD for my own and for others PC as well as work for years. I have had very few failures in that time and at that, couldn't directly contribute them to reads and writes.
tnx