[SOLVED] SSDs and Mounting Brackets

Boris_yo

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2010
Hi,

If I buy SSD today and want to mount it vertically on my case with 4 screws, do I need to have special mounting bracket for them or I can mount without mounting bracket?

Do SSDs already come with mounting brackets included in the package?

Solution
Interesting question. I recently got an SSD with absolutely nothing in the pack except the SSD. No mounting screws, and certainly no bracket.

Fortuantely, my mobo pack, and case pack had back up screws, and the case had a vertical mount space for 2 ssd's. So it was just a matter of lining them up and fixing it. Did have to take of the other side panel though to get access to mount correctly.

So, yes you can mount them without the bracket. Not all will have the screws in the package.
Interesting question. I recently got an SSD with absolutely nothing in the pack except the SSD. No mounting screws, and certainly no bracket.

Fortuantely, my mobo pack, and case pack had back up screws, and the case had a vertical mount space for 2 ssd's. So it was just a matter of lining them up and fixing it. Did have to take of the other side panel though to get access to mount correctly.

So, yes you can mount them without the bracket. Not all will have the screws in the package.

Reactions: Boris_yo
Solution