[SOLVED] SSDs in old Cases

Spiderkeys

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2015
Is it alright to leave them dangling, I build PCs from old cases, that never knew of a SSD, I no longer screwing them in somehow, just let me dangle like any other cord, Yet that work perfectly. Is This really ok ?

Solution
as long as your not moving your case a lot. you dont have to worry about the shock load on them from moving around but you do have to worry about the cables coming unplugged or wiggling loose.

Here is an old computer (socket 1366) that i screwed two SSD's and 2 HDD into the motherboard tray, where there's a will there's a way to secure drives

as long as your not moving your case a lot. you dont have to worry about the shock load on them from moving around but you do have to worry about the cables coming unplugged or wiggling loose.

Here is an old computer (socket 1366) that i screwed two SSD's and 2 HDD into the motherboard tray, where there's a will there's a way to secure drives

Solution

Spiderkeys

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2015
Didn't think of the tape idea, but not sure, they do get a little warm, don't they need airflow?

None of my cases have 2.5 compartments, and I worry little of them just disconnecting when the PC is on and stationary, my PSU Cables and SATA cables are quite tight. just got to make sure nothing gets in the fans.

TRENDING THREADS